Volume 32 no 3 Jan/Feb 2018

In this issue:

Daniel Nanavati on how to use humour to close down the politically correct debate

Dhyano Angius, performance artist and philosopher, has the SPEAKEASY.

Chris Cutrone, School of the Art Institute, on why the Millennial Left is dead.

Derek Guthrie on why he left Chicago (interview with Paul Germanos)

Miklos Legrady on the celebriy chase Jerry Salz.

Tim Shaw, sculptor and writer, on his life in Cornwall (interview with Derek Guthrie)

Darren Jones, our New York reviewer takes time out to extol the scene in Dallas.

John Link, contributing editor, on the Expanded Print show at  Western Michigan University.

Liviana Martin on the altar piece, The Adoration of the Shepherds by Pietro Vannucci

Pendery Weekes looks at the recycling of bicycles in China – from the air.

Stephen Lee on Martin Puryear at the Parasol Unit

Scott Turri on the Mattress Factory’s 40th

Steve Luekcking on Anne Lindberg at Carrie Secrets Gallery

Mary Warren on Rebecca Warren at Tate St Ives inaugural show for the new gallery extension

and much more.

21 Comments
Newest
Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
Delia Donahue
15/03/2018 12:42 pm

Is the Writer’s Meeting on March 17 in Penzance that I read about in Twitter open to all writers? I’d be coming down from Exeter to attend.

Elizabeth Tyson
14/03/2018 1:50 pm

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your magazine; I find it so refreshing!

Scarlett Thompson
05/03/2018 4:25 pm

Has anyone else seen this work? It’s from Donna Festa’s link here, but I found quite profound, this amazing woman dancing with a handkerchief.

Andrea Bollinger
26/02/2018 3:28 pm

There seems to be no space to write about the Codswallop; it’s possible that I and others would like to comment.

John Morton
26/02/2018 1:49 pm

Perhaps this isn’t the place to write, but I’m trying to take out an ad, and no one answers me in Contact Us. Could you help me please with this? Below you will find my email address.
Thank you.

Leslie Commons
20/02/2018 12:13 pm

With people reading less and less today, we’re wondering how you have such high readership numbers for an art magazine.

Editor
21/02/2018 6:42 am
Reply to  Leslie Commons

So are we amazed. We were aware of the pressure to dumb down. We can only hope that art can regain its status as an activity, as a pursuit, for informed and enlightened creativity?

Leslie Commons
23/02/2018 8:09 am
Reply to  derek guthrie

Mr. Guthrie,

In your opinion what is enlightened creativity? How would you define creativity? Can there be un-enlightened creativity?

Leslie

Daichi Tanaka
19/02/2018 7:44 am

I wondered if you could help me please. We have been trying to take out an advertisement with the New Art Examiner for the March/April 2018 issue, but can’t seem to get an answer from anyone. Are we still in time to do so? If not, when is the next cut-off date for advertisements?

Japan Fine Art Osaka
日本美術館大阪

Liam Anders
19/02/2018 6:50 am

It really looks like New Art Examiner has had a total comeback; I knew NAE back in the 80s when my company went around the world to many of the art fairs, and then for a few years I had difficulty finding it. Now it’s just about everywhere I look online. It’s really being talked about in art circles internationally. Well done NAE!

Ann Walter
17/02/2018 11:31 pm

It is good to see support for the New Art Examiner coming out of Chicago again, the place of its birth. I hope this is a sign that at last the tide is turning and open and free discussion will grow in strength and purpose with the NAE at its helm and Derek Guthrie at the helm of the NAE.

Lane and Samantha
13/02/2018 3:31 pm

We’re from Brisbane and trying to subscribe too, but just not possible from down here. Is there anyone out there?

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x